Selling band merchandise (merch) online is similar to selling other goods online, but there are a few nuances to consider. Many bands don’t have the luxury of hiring someone to manage their websites and online store, so one thing to consider is the difficulty of the solution that you choose to sell your merchandise. Another thing to consider is if you want fans to be able to buy merchandise online right from your concert and pick it up while they are there, or just offer shipping.
The traditional way for bands to sell online has been to use complicated platforms and standalone websites which require a lot of time and money to setup and continue to manage. This can include having to setup a payment system, the website hosting, website management, and a variety of other things on top of trying to make great music.
At Cartisan, we’ve made it simple to create an online store in just a few minutes using a smartphone. There’s no need to pull out your laptop while on the road to manage your store. It can all be done from the palm of your hand!
Here are the steps to sell your band merchandise online:
- Download the app from the Apple or Google Play store
- Create an account and choose your username
- Go to the edit profile part of the app and upload your band logo and fill out the description of your band
- Click on My Stripe to setup your credit card processing (takes about 3 minutes)
- Add your products by uploading one or more images and filling out the quick form (takes about 1 minute each)
That’s it! Now your store is setup in in just a few minutes.
With each store comes a link you can send to your fans and share on social media. Or you can link a domain to your link. Your link is cartisan.shop/<your username>
Now your band can spend more time focusing on the music and still have a powerful online store to sell your band merchandise!